What We Do
Reviewing video with effectiveness, efficiency and ease.
- Right now, cameras worldwide are recording video.
- To date, most video could never be reviewed.
- With BriefCam, users can browse hours of video in minutes.
- The result: More efficient, timely and effective video review.
- BriefCam lets you get to the point. Fast.
BriefCam® fulfills the global need to review video, investigate and identify incidents rapidly, and take action as needed. BriefCam’s award-winning Video Synopsis® technology enables rapid video review. On average, one hour of video can be “synopsized” down to one minute of review time.
Mission & Vision
BriefCam’s mission is to facilitate rapid video review so as to maximize the value of recorded surveillance video that will allow the end user to quickly locate and investigate any event.
BriefCam’s vision is to provide users with the ability to review video quickly — as a matter of routine, on-demand and proactively — and in so doing, realize the potential of their recorded video.
All BriefCam products integrate human experience, intelligence and intuition as a vital part of the review, search and analysis review process. The mind and eye are always engaged.
Awards & Accolades
A team of judges representing end users and experts in security technologies evaluated more than 70 entries before selecting BriefCam as one of the top 10 winners…
The Statue of Liberty project represented a best case example of a government agency working with a security integrator to secure a global icon in the sort of partnership that SIA regularly seeks between public agencies and private companies…
BriefCam won the Innovation Prize at the HLS Israel 2012 exhibition. BriefCam’s Video Synopsis technology enables hours of video recorded by security cameras to be reviewed in minutes, saving hours of valuable time and preventing misses…
My first response was, ‘Wow!’… The technology is fascinating to see in action…
BriefCam, developer and provider of award-winning Video Synopsis solutions for rapid video review, search and analysis is expanding. We’re seeking the best and brightest to join our team.
Inside Sales Representative, CT, USA
BriefCam, the Video Synopsis company is expanding! Join our North American team for a full-time inside sales position based out of our Hartford, Connecticut office. Reporting directly to the General Manager of North America, the Inside Sales Representative will work closely with our Regional Sales Managers, and Marketing and Business Development teams.
The ideal candidate will be an independent fast-learner with the ability to stay focused and work well under pressure, while collaborating with team members in an international and multicultural environment.
Primary responsibilities will include prospecting for leads while reaching business targets, managing the sales cycle through Salesforce, handling lead generation, sales pipeline and forecast, and providing overall assistance for outside sales team, including back office administration.
- Generate new leads through web research and networking; identify decision makers within targeted leads to begin sales process; engage prospective and existing end users, business partners and technology partners.
- Schedule qualified sales appointments for outside sales team; prepare and send information packages to prospective customers.
- Manage all prospect interactions in Salesforce; maintain and expand the company’s database of sales leads.
- Present detailed reports of inside sales activities to direct manager on a weekly basis.
- Where necessary, support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibitions and events.
- Perform administrative duties and act as the office’s focal point to Headquarters.
- 2+ years of inside sales experience with proven success in opportunity qualification, pre-call planning, call control and account development.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong business relationships.
- Full command of Microsoft Office, Salesforce; strong analytical thinking.
- Organized, results-driven, data-oriented and professional in demeanor.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- College or university degree.
- Minimal travel expected.
Send CV to: email@example.com
Algorithm Developer, Modi’in, Israel
As Algorithm Developer at BriefCam you will join our core team, responsible for developing revolutionary technologies for rapid video review. While our software is commonly used in enterprise and homeland security, we are expanding development to include the home/consumer market as part of the Internet of Things trend.
Your responsibilities will include research and implementation of cutting edge computer vision, rendering and machine learning algorithms.
We are looking for talented developers with strong technical and innovative skills to solve complex problems and introduce new capabilities.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering
- Experience and good understanding of Computer Vision algorithms (in industry or academy)
- Solid Matlab and C++ programming skills
- Experience in Machine Learning / Neural Networks – advantage
- Candidates with 3+ years of industry experience in Computer Vision with excellent BSc grades will be considered as well
Send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Front End Team Leader, Modi’in, Israel
As Front End Team Leader at BriefCam, you will lead the development of web and native mobile applications that bring to life innovative cutting-edge technologies for video search and review.
- Lead our front end team, including internal developers and outsourcing
- Hands-on development (80% of your time)
- Contribute to UX/UI design
- Team player with good ability to motivate and mentor colleagues
- Experience with modern web frameworks (e.g. jQuery, Angular, React, Backbone, Meteor)
- Experience with modern development tools (e.g. npm/Bower, SASS/LESS, Grunt/Gulp)
- Experience with Angular2 – advantage
- Experience with Android or Swift – advantage
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases – advantage
- Experience with Cloud – advantage
- Passionate about new technologies
Send CV to: email@example.com
Senior Software Developer – Backend team, Modi’in, Israel
As a Senior Software Engineer at BriefCam, you will join our Backend team, responsible for developing revolutionary technologies for rapid video review from high-level architecture and design considerations to low-level challenges of efficient implementation.
- Design and develop features end to end from scratch
- Provide well documented, easy to use APIs for interacting with the Backend services
- Research issues from the field and provide solutions
- Contribute to all phases of the product development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 4+ years of professional experience in software development, building production software systems
- Solid experience in C/C++, Java or C# (expert in at least one)
- Solid Linux experience; any distribution
- Experience in applying open-source technologies
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience in Public Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Compute) – an advantage
- Experience Cross-compiling & porting (e.g. make, autoconf) – an advantage
- Experience with software packaging and installation medium. Examples: NuGet, apt-get, npm – an advantage
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, work under pressure and maintain focus and a sense of humor
Send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
QA Engineer, Modi’in, Israel
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you’ll be part of a team responsible for testing BriefCam’s cutting-edge technologies for rapid video review, search and analysis.
- Plan and execute of all types of manual tests (sanity, functional testing, regression, compatibility testing, etc.)
- Write test plans according to product and R&D specs, and implementing QA methodologies
- Identify, document and track defects. Report using tracking tools
- Provide ongoing reports about progress and important findings
- Deliver technical support for escalated customer cases
- At least 3 years of experience in QA manual testing for client/server and web based applications (mobile application testing – advantage)
- Academic or technical degree in one or more of the following: Computer Engineering / Science /
- Communications or Information system Engineering/ Practical Engineering – advantage
- Experience with writing STPs and STDs
- Proven ability to lead QA cycles and integrate new process/tools – advantage
- Ambitious, highly motivated, responsible, self-starter
- Technical orientation
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills with the ability to think outside the box
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, a team player
- Customer service orientation
- High level of English – a must
Send CV to: email@example.com
Patents & Trademarks
|7,852,370||Method and System for Spatio-Temporal Video Warping (non-exclusive license).
Also Israeli patent 182006, and pending in Europe.
|8,102,406 & 8,514,248||Method and System for Producing a Video Synopsis (exclusive license)
Also Japanese patent JP4972095, Chinese Patent ZL200680048754.8, Australian Patent 2006314066, Israeli patent 191232, Canadian Patent CA2640834, Korean Patent KR10-1420885, European patent EP1,955,205 (validated in Germany, France, UK, Sweden and Denmark). and pending in 2 additional countries.
|8,311,277||Method and System for Video Indexing and Video Synopsis (exclusive license)
Also Australian patent 2007345935, Japanese patent 5355422, Israeli patent 199687, Chinese patent ZL2007800506100, Korean Patent 10-1456652 and pending in 4 additional countries.
|8,949,235||Methods and systems for producing a Video Synopsis using clustering (exclusive license to the patent application).
Also Japanese Patent JP5432677.
|Application 14/605,158||US Patent application - Method & System for Producing a Relevance Sorted Video Summary
|US Trademark||Serial No.||Registration No.|
|BRIEFCAM||77615681||3639090||Also registered in Europe, Japan, and China.|
|BRIEFCAM LOGO||77615700||3639093||Also registered in Europe, Japan, China, and Israel.|
BriefCam® was founded on the strength of technology developed at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem by Prof. Shmuel Peleg. “Shmulik” is a renowned computer vision researcher. This proprietary technology, Video Synopsis® is an award-winning innovation that summarizes hours of events into a “brief” to extract maximum value from video for safety, security and productivity.
It was Yissum, the University’s licensing arm, that invited a US Department of Defense delegation to observe some new research. Through that meeting, the application of Video Synopsis to defense and security was identified and subsequently licensed for commercialization exclusively to BriefCam.
In mid-2008, the company’s three founders — including Prof. Peleg who also serves as BriefCam Chief Scientist — found modest offices for BriefCam in Neve Ilan, a suburb just outside Jerusalem and began to develop the initial product. The Video Synopsis innovation — providing users with the ability to review hours of video in minutes — created a buzz within the industry, especially after being awarded the Wall Street Journal Technology Innovation Award for Physical Security and the British Security Industry Association’s New Product Award in 2010.
Also in 2010, a US-based company, BriefCam, Inc., was established and CEO and President Dror Irani joined BriefCam, at which time sales began in earnest. BriefCam’s technology was quickly adopted by the security sector as the de facto standard for rapid video review through partnerships with industry leaders such as Genetec, Milestone Systems, OnSSI and others, and in successful deployments ranging from the Statue of Liberty in New York, Chicago’s McCormick Place Convention Center, to the New Taipei Safe City project in Taiwan.
The technology was reported to have been used in the investigation of Oslo bomber and mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik, and the Boston Marathon bombing investigation.
In 2013, BriefCam began planning its move to new headquarters in Modi’in, Israel, and launched its flagship product for the professional security sector, BriefCam Syndex. This award-winning product offers users the ability to not only review hours of video in minutes, but to also refine video metadata by parameters such as color, direction, size, speed and more. Additional refinement features have followed, each one bringing BriefCam Syndex closer to its goal of being a true search engine for video.
A second goal, to bring rapid review capabilities to the consumer/SMB market, was realized in mid-2015 with the launch of BriefCam embedded within Flir FX, a home surveillance camera and cloud offering. Co-branded as “Flir Rapid Recap powered by BriefCam”, the service provides subscribers — busy people with no time to invest in video review yet concerned with safeguarding property and loves ones — with the rapid video review capabilities they need to save time and gain peace of mind.
BriefCam is now set to launch the latest version of BriefCam Syndex for the professional law enforcement, public security and enterprise sectors, and its new cloud offering for video service providers to the consumer/SMB market.